STOTT PILATES® is a contemporary approach to the original exercise method pioneered by the late Joseph Pilates. It incorporates modern exercise principles, including contemporary thinking about spinal rehabilitation and athletic performance enhancement.
The exercises are designed to restore the natural curves of the spine, unlike other methods. It focuses on rebalancing the muscles around the joints, placing more emphasis on scapular stabilization. There are also more preparatory exercises and modifications to cater to many different body types and abilities, making it applicable to everyday life.
Pilates is ideal in combination with cardiovascular exercise (walking, running, aerobics, swimming, etc.), and a great complement to your weight training program. As a gentle and controlled workout with no sudden jarring actions, Pilates is also great for back problems.
By using springs for resistance, the equipment provides gradual resistance as the muscles contract, which ensures the muscles are being worked properly. This results in less stress on tendons and ligaments
We will ensure that you are doing the movements correctly and modify the exercises to accommodate your limitations, continually challenge you within your range and monitor your improvements. We encourage you to consult your physician before starting any fitness program.
Some of the benefits of practicing STOTT PILATES ® include:
- Increased core strength, stability and peripheral mobility
- Improved fitness levels, which may help prevent injury
- Increased strength without unwanted bulk
- Enhanced balance, coordination and flexibility
- Decreased impact on the joints
- Greater ease of movement through a full range of motion
- Increased body awareness and mindfulness of movement
- Complementing other forms of exercise
- Improved performance of specific sport skills (golf, tennis, cycling, etc.)
Find more information:
Back to Eclipse Wellness Home